Translate my blog

dinsdag 23 november 2010

Music and storytelling: 100 year of Antwerp history sung by 100 voices

Queen Elisabeth Auditorium, Antwerp


A short summary for those who are curious to know what the hell I’m doing on this stage: last Sunday there was a concert in which I took part. Not as a singer, of course, let alone as a musician (I can’t even read the black dots which are called ‘notes’), but as a writer. I was the author of the musical piece (cantata, 90 minutes!), sung by the big choir Arti Vocali and played by the orchestra Prima La Musica. Composer Dirk de Nef took full responsibility for the beautiful music (those black dots): he created a surprising mix of modern and classical music. Reason for this concert: Arti Vocali celebrated its 100st birthday. So we gave the public a breathtaking love story, set against the history of our beloved Antwerp. In short: we blew out the candles in a magical way. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten