Translate my blog

dinsdag 19 april 2011

Travelling through dreams

Just another nice little story. Enjoy.

Before I went into meditation retreat, I spent some time in Bandung city, and I was guest in the house of two wonderful people: Djoko and his wife Hartini. Indonesian, but with a heart for the Dutch language and history (they lived in Holland years ago).

While crossing their doorstep, I got struck by lightening. In some way or another, I entered an architectural masterpiece that I had seen before in … my dreams. Literally. I dreamt about this kind of house some years before. The colours are not exactly as how I remember it, but the structure of the house is more or less the same. Weird. Because I’m sitting and writing now in the middle of the house I’ve been dreaming of. And in a while I will go to bed and dream in the house I’ve been dreaming of. 

I read once in a book about dreams that if one dreams about a house, one dreams about oneself. So maybe these people –who grew from strangers to friends in a few days- carry within the same soul?  Maybe we share the same dreams? 



Everything connected
The house consists of a central kitchen, dining and living area. The main point of recognition was … the big tree (!) joyfully growing in the middle of the living area (with, of course, a large table in the middle). Around this central area: a number of bedrooms, studies, bathrooms, garage, atelier and prayer room. Everything connected. Djoko and Hartini (the house is her idea) created a wonderful atmosphere, light and space. A centred house. Breathing space. Djoko is a professional ‘breather’, so no wonder.
But what does it all have to do with me? I have no idea, yet. Except for one thing: one day my house will have a tree in the middle.
To be continued, this story about breathing, space, and moving space through breathing.

P.S. About the airplanes you see in the photos: this house is at the same time an atelier. Small airplanes are being built here every day. For professional use, usually for experiments and investigations (f.i. after a flood or earth quake).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten